I contributed a paper titled ‘Commissioning and presenting performance work within the durational context of an exhibition’ at the Exhibiting Performance Conference (1-3 March 2013), University of Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London, W1B 2UW.
The Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM) of the University of Westminster is pleased to announce Exhibiting Performance, a three-day event considering contemporary issues central to the display of performance art. Following on from the Exhibiting Photography (2011) and Exhibiting Video (2012) International Conferences, this event will bring together notable artists, curators and writers, and provide a forum for a number of inter-related questions:
- On what terms has the rise of Performance in contemporary arts taken place?
- How do our museums and galleries disseminate and exhibit Performance?
- How does the live act of Performance inform questions around the body and the audience?
- How is Performance documented, archived and transacted?
- How does technology contribute to the development of Performance?
Image: Jack Strange, Zip And Zing, 2011, installation view